There is tremendous hype around the burgeoning Internet of Things, and particularly in the industrial realm (IIoT) where many expect to find the biggest opportunity in the near term. Beyond the hype, the conversation lacks a clear definition of what the IIoT is and the role of different players throughout the value chain. Plenty of effort has gone into making pretty pictures and estimating how many billions of devices will be connected by 2020 – there is still a great deal of confusion around how to approach the Industrial IoT and where the opportunities may lie.
The Lux Research Industrial Internet of Things Service will address questions including:
- What business models are emerging to leverage connectivity?
- What applications will be able to translate the IIoT from novelty to real growth?
- Who are the major players in the emerging value chain and how is it segmented?
- What are the essential components of IIoT system architecture?
- How will evolving trends in connectivity impact information security and privacy?
SAMPLE DISTRIBUTED GENERATION TOPICS
- Embedded Systems
- M2M Protocols
- IoT Device & Connectivity Management
- IoT Application Enablement
- IoT Analytics
- IoT Security
- Supply Chain & Logistics
- Heavy Industry
- Oil & Gas
- Predictive Maintenance
- Asset Optimization
- Fleet Management
- Remote Monitoring
- Industrial Automation
- Resource Consumption
- Health & Safety
- Physical Security