From precision scientific instruments and medical devices to buildings, bridges, and ships, diversified industrial manufacturers develop a broad range of precision-engineered products that compete on performance, reliability, and cost. New technologies can upgrade core components or combine separate ones, providing a performance and cost advantage.
For industrial products at any scale, Lux Research's Research Membership and Lux Consulting address the need to find and incorporate innovative new materials, machines, and processes – and develop strategies to acquire them cost-competitively. As examples, our services cover:
- Advanced Materials: Wear-resistant coatings, structural materials, 3D Printing, novel functional materials
- Agro Innovation: Precision agriculture systems and equiptment, next-generation opportunities in urban/vertical/home farming
- Autonomous Systems 2.0: Advanced industrial automation, drones, robotics, sensors and controls
- Bio-based Materials and Chemicals: Bio-based polymers and basic, specialty, and fine chemicals
- BioElectronics: Diagnostic tools, systems integration and analytics
- Efficient Building Systems: Advanced heating and cooling, energy-efficient lighting, building energy management systems, emerging business models and ESCOs, building systems integration
- Energy Electronics: High-performance power conversion devices, critical systems and end markets
- Energy Storage: Advanced batteries for demanding industrial applications, opportunities in equiptment and manufacturing
- Food and Nutrition: Processing technologies, monitors and analytics
- Printed, Flexible, and Organic Electronics: Novel sensors, displays, and other devices; OLED lighting; emerging production technologies
- Solar: Systems integration and installation, components like inverters
- Water: Industrial water remediation, recovery of valuable materials, low-water technologies, membranes and desalination
Lux Research's Industrials clients range from manufacturers of heavy equipment to firms developing clean energy technologies; our work for them supports initiatives in technology scouting and roadmapping, patent analysis, and competitive landscaping.