From precision scientific instruments and medical devices to buildings, bridges, and ships, diversified industrial manufacturers develop a broad range of precision-engineered products that compete on performance, reliability, and cost. New technologies can upgrade core components or combine separate ones, providing a performance and cost advantage.
For industrial products at any scale, Lux Research's Intelligence services and Lux Consulting address the need to find and incorporate innovative new materials, machines, and processes – and develop strategies to acquire them cost-competitively. As examples, our services cover:
- Grid Storage: grid-level storage, novel battery chemistries, combined heat and power
- Mobile Energy: powertrain technologies for vehicles and industrial equipment, novel battery chemistries
- Efficient Building Systems: Advanced heating and cooling, energy-efficient lighting, building energy management systems, emerging business models and ESCOs, on-site power
- Water: industrial water remediation, recovery of valuable materials, low-water technologies, membranes and desalination
- Solar Systems: solar modules, solar thermal infrastructure, solar thermal
- Solar Components: ingots and wafers
- Advanced Materials: wear-resistant coatings, lubricants, structural materials
- Printed, Flexible, and Organic Electronics: novel sensors, displays, and other devices; OLED lighting; emerging production technologies
- Bio-based Materials and Chemicals: bio-based polymers and basic, specialty, and fine chemicals
- Formulation and Delivery: advanced treatment options like thermoablation for cancer; medical devices such as drug-eluting stents
- Energy Electronics: substrates and wafers, processing equipment, device manufacturers
Lux Research's Industrials clients range from manufacturers of heavy equipment to firms developing clean energy technologies; our work for them supports initiatives in technology scouting and roadmapping, patent analysis, and competitive landscaping.