Lux Research Products
Lux Research products are designed to help clients understand and take advantage of new business opportunities in emerging technologies. We do this in three major ways: Subscription Intelligence products, Market Data products, and Consulting projects.
- Subscription Intelligence products provide a steady flow of information and insight into emerging technology fields, through Company Profiles, regular Journals, a series of State of the Market Reports, and Analyst Inquiry. They are tailored for clients already active in or committed to a given area, to support ongoing decision making
- Market Data products provide concise, quantitative market intelligence as emerging technologies build a critical mass of manufacturing capacity and deployment
- Consulting projects are customized research programs specific to each client. They are well-suited for clients that are considering entering a new area, or those that have a single major strategic decision looming that they need support in making
Why is Lux Research Unique?
Other research firms and consultancies work in emerging technologies. What sets Lux Research apart?
Our research products are:
- Driven by proprietary primary research, not just publicly available data. We conduct over 4,000 interviews annually with company management, customers, partners, and outside experts, including on-site visits and facility inspections in over 20 countries
- Based on a deep understanding of technology and markets. Our researchers are not generalist consultants or market researchers, but domain experts (most with advanced degrees in science and engineering), familiar with issues and trends in these technology areas. At the same time, our analysts are not simply technologists, but are well-versed in assessing business implications of emerging technology
- Factual, detailed, and numerate. We do not indulge in vague generalizations, but support conclusions with specific data, examples, and case studies. Lux Research reports and other deliverables are not merely qualitative, but provide specific numbers – market sizes, figures of merit, price/cost, revenues – to help make decisions
- Bold and opinionated. We do not simply take claims or reports at face value, but apply critical analysis to cut through the hype and get to what is really true. We do not just report data or information, but say what it means – and put a firm stake in the ground in recommending what clients should do