In addition to access to Lux Research's written research in the form of Company Profiles, Journals, and State of the Market Reports, clients can also contact Lux Research analysts directly, who will quickly answer custom questions based on their ongoing research into emerging technology areas. This inquiry process will:
- Provide additional depth on published research -- Clients can inquire for further details on companies profiled in the weekly Journals, or dig deeper into the data and models behind Lux Research's market analyses
- Support ongoing efforts in technology scouting, screening, partnership search and market assessment -- Lux Research analysts will act as a virtual extension of the client's team to enlarge the research and market intelligence capacity of the team
- Allow the client to contact Lux analysts on an ad-hoc basis -- Lux Research analysts will respond to targeted questions with a quick turn-around time
The questions clients ask are as diverse as the businesses they run, but common types of inquiry include questions such as:
- "What do you consider the most promising companies in the field of thin-film silicon solar modules?"
- "What portion of the reverse osmosis membrane market growth is due to the need for desalination in the Middle East? How would this change if we could drop the cost of the membranes by 10%?"
- "What is your opinion about Bloom Energy? Will its products be successful in the marketplace?"
- "What portion of the cost of a typical lithium-ion battery is due to the electrolyte? What is the market potential for a new electrolyte supplier?"
- "What companies should we consider partnering with in the field of carbon nanotube composites?"
- "How would your forecast change for the growth of LED lighting if new carbon regulations drove the cost of electricity up by 50%?"