The recent Lux Research webinar “2023 Innovation Planning: Reviewing Key Developments of 2022 and Predictions for the Future” examined developments and trends across Lux’s industry verticals — including oil and gas, utilities, consumer packaged goods, chemicals, and industrials — to pull out common themes and insights that will inform your priorities and hone your decision-making in 2023. Lux Research Analyst Cecilia Gee, Associate Research Director Kristin Marshall, Senior Analyst Nardev Ramanathan, Ph.D., Analyst Ian Rinehart, and Senior Analyst Harini Venkataraman, Ph.D. went through the following topics during their extensive presentation:
- Overview of the key trends and hot research from 2022
- Discussion of cross-industry insights from Lux experts
- Outline of predictions for 2023
Emerging technologies can move quickly over the course of a year, impacting your innovation planning. Sifting through breakthrough developments, new and failed companies, partnerships, technology trends, policy announcements, and everything in between helps you understand whether to build on existing investments, make new ones, or pull the plug on failing ones.
This presentation began with a recap of the most popular research and presentations on the Lux intel platform, including the following event replays available on demand: The Lux Debate: Is sustainability the enemy of growth? and Transforming Open Innovation: Opportunities from Innovation Clusters.
Lux’s industry-leading team captains joined the webinar from three continents, allowing a global perspective on the trends that will impact 2023 innovation planning. The group engaged in conversations around what Lux believes are the top domains innovation decision-makers should monitor in the year ahead:
- Volatility in oil and gas
- Materials and product transparency and traceability
- Circular manufacturing and waste valorization
- Energy capacity and grid storage
- Synthetic biology and fermentation
- Accounting, tracking, and trading carbon emissions
Lux researchers engaged in a detailed conversation, attempting to answer the following pertinent questions that will guide decision-making in 2023:
- How does the war in Ukraine affect industry?
- How and where can you scale supply to meet demand?
- How can emerging digital technologies boost your carbon management strategy?
- How are companies looking to implement biomanufacturing for their sustainability efforts?
- How are manufacturers using other companies’ byproducts as inputs?
- How important is traceability for enabling circularity?
Join Lux’s expert analysts as they detail how volatility in oil and gas, cash competition and scaling, carbon management, biomanufacturing momentum, waste valorization, and traceability in the supply chain can ignite insights that will inform your priorities and hone your decision-making in 2023. Register today to watch the on-demand webinar “2023 Innovation Planning: Reviewing Key Developments of 2022 and Predictions for the Future“!